The “Cornerstone Spirit”
- The Cornerstone Studio is built around creating a safe and happy space for each and every person who steps inside the door. We ask that everyone adopt The Cornerstone spirit, and treat others the way they would want to be treated. If at any time you feel the safe environment espoused at the Cornerstone Studio is not being maintained, we encourage you to contact us immediately with your concerns.
- Registration is not considered complete until payment is received, registration forms are signed and all waivers are submitted.
- Class sizes are limited, therefore registration is taken on a first-come-first-serve basis in the order of which they are received.
- The Cornerstone Studio reserves the right to cancel, combine or alter camps if minimum class registration is not met.
- The Cornerstone Studio reserves the right to place a student in a specific camp, to ensure appropriate skill level and class size.
- It is your responsibility to keep the ofﬁce up to date with all phone, email, emergency contact and billing information.
Fees and Payments
- Payments are due in full upon registration, and are non-refundable.
- All fees are subject to 13% HST.
Cheques will not be accepted for camp enrolment.
- If a credit card payment is declined, a 5-day grace period will be placed during which point the client must settle their balance. If payments have not been made within the 5-day grace period, a $25 late fee will be charged.
- All fees are non-refundable. Missed classes will not be made up. Cancellations due to illness/ injury will require a dated physician’s note, and will be dealt with on a case-to-case basis.
- Classes cancelled by The Cornerstone Studio due to Acts of God are non-refundable. Other cancellations made by The Cornerstone Studio will be made-up or credited appropriately.
COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR YOUTH CAMPS
- All students participating in a Cornerstone 2020 Camp must have a Cornerstone Studio Online Contact Tracing screening form completed on their behalf by a parent/ guardian, and submitted by 8pm the evening before each day of camp. The Contact Tracing form is available on our website (cornerstonestudio.ca) under Classes > Contact Tracing.
- Students who fail to have a Contract Tracing form submitted on their behalf by the deadline each day, may not be permitted to attend camp.
- Screening forms must be completed with honesty and full disclosure. Students who answer “yes” to any question on the Contact Tracing form will not be permitted to attend, or return to camp until symptoms subside.
- Students are not permitted at camp if they are sick, or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms, including: temperature equal to or over 38°C; feeling feverish; cough; sore throat; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; chills; fatigue or weakness; skin changes or rashes; muscle or body aches; new loss of smell or taste; headache; gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting; or feeling unwell.
- Students with family member, or person in their household who is showing symptoms of COVID-19, will not be permitted to attend camp.
- If a child appears to have symptoms of COVID-19 at any point during camp hours, they will be sent home. Students showing COVID-19 symptoms will be safely isolated in a separate room within the studio, until they are picked up by a parent/ guardian.
- Parents/ Guardians must ensure their contact information on file is correct and up-to-date.
- At least one Parent/ Guardian/ Emergency contact must be reachable by phone during all camp hours.
- Refunds and/ or Credits will not be given for camp days missed by the students. This includes days missed due to sickness, or due to a family member being sick.
- All student drop offs and pick ups will be done either outside of the studio, or in Moncur Park. Parents will be notified of the daily drop off and pick up location prior to camp.
- To limit exposure and ensure we can maintain our safe capacity, parents are not permitted inside the studio, unless it is absolutely necessary, or in an emergency situation.
- The time frame for camp pick up is between 3:45pm-4pm each day.
- When picking up or dropping off a child at the studio, parents must line up 6 ft. apart. on the East side of our front door, on Gerrard St. (and if needed, wrapping along the west side of Coxwell Ave).
- Please be patient during drop offs and pick ups, as we will need to check in one child at a time, to allow for social distancing on the stairs and entranceway.
- Students will be escorted by a staff member in and out of the studio during drop off and pick up times, with all of their belongings.
WHAT TO BRING
- Students must arrive at camp with only 1 bag, containing all of their belongings. Bags must fit inside each students’ designated cubby.
- Campers must arrive to camp wearing comfortable clothing to move in, with sunscreen already applied. As we will be moving outside numerous times throughout the day for classes, sunscreen will not be applied by staff during the morning, but will be reapplied once in the afternoon.
- Campers need to bring the following to each day of camp:
- A peanut/ nut free lunch + snacks. Please avoid packing packaged items/ containers that are difficult for your child to open without assistance.
- 1 change of comfortable clothing.
- A refillable water bottle *Preferably one that can be opened by your child without assistance. The drinking fountain will be off limits.
- A hat
- Sunscreen *Preferably spray on, to limit hands on application.
- Their own yoga mat.
**For sanitary reasons, students will not be permitted to bring ipads, toys or other screens/ objects from home to camp. Phones must be kept in students’ bags for the duration of camp.
EXPERIENCE IN THE STUDIO
- We have made alterations to our space and operating practices, to better accommodate social distancing. These changes include: elimination of dressing rooms; no waiting area/ lobby (no one will be permitted to wait inside the studio for longer than 10 mins, only when necessary); prohibiting visitors from entering the studio unless required; and the addition of cubby spaces to separate students’ belongings.
- Each studio will be stocked with hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and a garbage can.
- We will maintain our high quality air circulation inside the studio, through the use of our HVAC system which does not recycle air (air is pulled out of the space and replaced with fresh air). We will also keep our windows open when possible (weather permitting).
- Each studio will have visual markings on the floor, designating boxes that are at least 6 ft. apart. Each camper will have their own designated “box” to stay inside during dance classes, unless otherwise instructed (example: if students are asked to travel across the room during class, they will go single file and wait their turn while staying distanced).
- The water fountain is off limits, with exception to the touch-less water refill.
- One cubby will be designated to each child for the camp week. Student belongings (aside from crafts/ students’ activity packs) cannot be kept at the studio overnight.
- Each camp group will be limited to 8 students.
- During weeks where 2 camp groups are running, the second group will be limited to 5 students, and camp groups will not mix.
- When multiple camp groups take place, each camp group will have 1 designated washroom that they are permitted to use for the week.
- Each student will receive an individual pre-made activity pack for the week, containing supplies for crafts, drawing, etc. Students will store their activity packs in their designated cubby to use throughout the week, to avoid the sharing of materials.
- We will be regularly sanitizing frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, door knobs, light switches, taps, etc.
- Acro mats, toys and other shared objects will be sanitized frequently.
- Students will be reminded and required to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- The studio will be cleaned a minimum of twice per day, with an anti-viral disinfectant.
- We have a responsibility to do our absolute best to adhere to and enforce social distancing guidelines throughout each camp day. However, distancing cannot be guaranteed at all times. Due to the nature of our camp programming, the likelihood of staff and children coming into contact is high. A child’s safety will always take precedence over maintaining social distance (example: holding hands while crossing the street, staying close to a young child while on the stairs to avoid falls, etc.)
- Staff will be highly encouraged to wear a mask at camp as much as possible while indoors,and while walking children to the park, however masks will not be required for staff while outdoors.
- The decision of whether a child should wear a mask while at camp will be in the hands of the parents, however a child’s safety (i.e. choking hazard) must always take precedence.
- Parents must give Cornerstone staff permission to ask children to take their mask off during highly physical dance classes, if they feel that there is a risk of suffocation or choking.
- By sending your child to camp, you understand the risk involved, and the possibility of your child, or another household member of being exposed to and/ or contracting the COVID-19 virus.
- Students or families/ household members who do not appear to be following COVID-19 safety practises, both while at camp and outside of camp hours, will be prohibited from attending/ returning to camp